Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Update and an Apology

Dear (few existing) readers,

I just would like to apologize again for the time between each essay. My current job with inner city youth takes up a large chunk of my day, and with my free time at home I try and give a good amount of it to my religious life. Hence, when the weekend comes, sometimes the last thing I want to do is research and write (Arkham City is just too much fun).

That said, I've been finishing up the final essay of the series which deals with the Shroud in the light of the Resurrection. This is very out of order to what I had initially stated. There's a few reasons for this. The first is the aforementioned schedule of my current life. The second is that, truth be told, I've grown slightly tired of using the Shroud as an apologetic tool -- not because I think its ineffective, but because my interest is theology and dogma and it's ecumenical implications. This blog, in all my arrogance, was originally made with such things as its intent (though I now, and thanks be to God for it, realize I was way in over my head (and arrogant) to think I could write about such subjects knowing as little as I do). I don't want to be caught up with the Shroud forever. The third is that any historical reconstruction I'd post would essentially be a giant 'Cliff Notes' version of Ian Wilson's book (much like the first essay was). For anyone wishing for a historical reconstruction, I highly suggest you buy it if you have a Kindle. If not, Robert Wilcox's book is a good substitute. That said, expect an update within the week!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home